I lost a part of me



I once knew a girl

she had a beautiful life

everybody loved her 

she got it all, and even more 


But then she lost it all

she fell apart, her father died

Sister, she lost after that

Young she was, we all loved her 


Your pain I could find from far away

I broke down and cried

Your sister goodness she was

I loved her and worshiped her 

Your father was good to me

a better man was hard to find  


where was god when he hurt you

did he not see what he was doing to you 


Life is not fair 

I heard you lost your baby girl

part of my died

I cried for you 

The pain was hard to bear 

I wanted to take your pain away 

In my mind, I looked it away 

I dreamed that life was okay 


Sorry for your loss; I said 
you walked away 

Maybe I said it the wrong way

all I wanted to do was to be there for you 



after all this time, I still think of your family

as they were mine


I'm a girl just like you 

I never lost so many as you  

but girl, these people was a friend to me

when they died, I lost a part of me


Höf ; Rósa Björk Kristjánsdóttir 



Ummæli