I don't want to lie

 I don't want to lie

but life has been hard for me 

when I was young, my mother died 

and I lost my father to the sea when I was three


When I started to work, I lived in Liverpool

Friends were then in school 

I was homeless and had to work for my food

but my heart wanted to learn and stay in school

My friend said I was a fool 

They thought my life was so cool


My fun was playing on my father's guitar 

at first, I was like a one-finger boy 

but with time, it was just me and my guitar in my car

driving around singing and playing for the crowd


That was my joy 

until I found you 


I remember everything about this flight 

she was going to be another man's bride 

Beautiful woman with a long curly hair

a smile like the bright star at night 

but the love she had for her gay died that night 


I, the shining knight, smiled at her and saved her that night  

well, what can I say? The love was in the air that night. 

 

I don't want to lie 

But my girl is a badass soul

She gave me the sky when she became my wife

when Charles was born, my world became whole 

I feel like the luckiest man a life 

..

Author: Rósa Björk Kristjánsdóttir 








 


Ummæli