I want to write about roses

 I'm sitting here in my old car trying to write a lyrics

in my head, I see the lyrics come through

and all I want to do is write a song for you 

But I don't know the rules  


I want to write about roses 

and whisky and old scars

and our children that I haven't met

and our story that will come in time  


In my head, I see myself playing the guitar 

my lyric is about two old friend

with my raw whisky voice, I sing for you 

about our passion and our love 


The crowd is rooting for me at the bar

as I sing my song for the fan 

You are sitting in the front row 

at this old whiskey bar, looking like a movie star 


I want to write about broken doors

and whisky and old scars

black roses and grass

and about my fears and my prayers   


I want to see my records in the store 

and hear it playing on the radio

I want to sing my song for my children 

and write a song about our love 


I want to write about roses

and our love and old scars

and I want to sing about closes and loses

as we grow older



Author: Rósa Björk Kristjánsdóttir 

poem21foryou.blogspot.com 






Ummæli